cyrus-sasl error

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Mon Oct 28 20:33:22 EST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Gregory Chagnon wrote:

> Hi-
> I built a cyrus-sasl-2.1.7-2 RPM from the source RPM, configured it to use
> --with-ldap, but when I run saslauthd I get this error.  Any idea why?
> Thanks!!
>
> [root at Lunar]:/var/log> /usr/sbin/saslauthd -a ldap
> saslauthd: unknown authentication mechanism: ldap

It appears that the configure script did not find openldap.  Rerun
configure (try ./configure --with-ldap=/usr, it is good to 'make
distclean' before you rerun configure) and look for

checking for ldap_initialize in -lldap... yes

If ldap_initialize is not found, check saslauthd/config.log for errors.

Hope this helps.

--
Igor