Unable to auth (saslauthd on Red Hat 7.3)

Gerke Kok gerke.kok at c.ict.om.org
Tue Nov 12 14:42:06 EST 2002

Hi Jonathan,
nice to hear from you this way :-)
This was what I feared all along: the cyrus-imap server looked at:
/var/state/saslauthd/mux iso /var/run/saslauthd/mux. Don't realy know
why. It might be because I had tried to install the two ( cyrus-sasl and
cyrus-imapd) from source first. This must have messed it up. It's a pity
I could not find the setting/option that I would need to give to
cyrus-imapd where to find the mux-socket. I was looking for it, see.
Thanks again: it works nicely!
wkr,
Gerke

Jonathan Marsden wrote:

>Hi Gerke,
>
>On 12 Nov 2002, Gerke Kok writes:
>

>>I have a problem to get Cyrus running on RedHat 7.3.  I used the
>>rpm's provided by Simon Matter.  They install nicely.  But I keep
>>getting errors on the authentication ( via saslauthd) Could anyone
>>give any pointers to a solution, please?
>>

>>This is what syslog sais:
>>	imapd[28564]: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file
>>	  or directory
>>	imapd[28564]: badlogin: localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
>>	  plaintext gerkek SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed
>>

>Is saslauthd actually running?  If it is, what socket is it listening
>on (should be /var/run/saslauthd/mux)?  Is /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
>set the way you want it (ie. for whatever actual authentication method
>you want to use on this server)?
>
>These RPMs work fine for us on Red Hat 7.2 and 7.3 here (modified to
>use the CVS code for virtual domain support in some cases).  You might
>want to include the contents of /etc/imapd.conf,
>/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd, and /usr/lib/sasl*/*.conf as well as the
>exact versions of the cyrus-imapd and cyrus-sasl-* RPMs you are using.
>
>Jonathan
>--
>Jonathan Marsden       	| Internet: jonathan at xc.org	| Making electronic
>1252 Judson Street  	| Phone: +1 (909) 795-3877	| communications work
>Redlands, CA 92374     	| Fax:   +1 (909) 795-0327	| reliably for Christian
>USA            		| http://www.xc.org/jonathan	| missions worldwide

( cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory ( just
for the desperate :-) to find this))