ipurge -s option?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Nov 12 21:55:01 EST 2002

Quoting +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu:

> What about the following?  I was thinking it might be nice if ipurge
> had a -s option for skipping "special" messages.  That is, if you
> flag certain messages as special[*], then run ipurge -s on that
> folder, these flagged messages would not be deleted even if they
> otherwise matched the criteria for being removed.  Thoughts?
>
> Amos
>
> *-- some clients refer to flagged messages as "special" or
>     "important". I'm not sure if there's an official name for this.

I doubt that a patch which implemented this would be refused.  Simply checking
for \Flagged _shouldn't_ be that hard.  In fact, I could see myself using this
option when purging newsgroups (eg, keep articles which are flagged as
keepers).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127