PostgreSQL backend: a waste of time?

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 30 13:04:57 EST 2002

Rob,
    This may be unfesable for the immediate future, however it is not such a
bad idea for the long term. Especially if it could be made to work with
enterprise quality commercial databases. All of these replication problems
that have been going back and forth, and file system incompatibilities go
away. In addition it would add a lot of fault tollerance by allowing for
multiple front end machines as well as multiple database replicates.

-David

David Chait
Sys Admin  - Facilities Operations
333 Bonair Siding Road #107