lmtpd adds additional "return-path"-header (or: how deliver mails to imap-boxes from perl)

pilsl at goldfisch.at pilsl at goldfisch.at
Tue Nov 26 15:59:53 EST 2002

I use a simple perl-mailer to process all incoming mails and finally
deliver the mails using lmtpd and Net::LMTP.

Now it happens that lmtpd doesnt work without supplying a 'MAIL
FROM'-command and add this address as new 'return-path'-header which
is not what I want, cause there is already a 'return-path' header in
the mail. By now I help myself by extracting the original
'return-path'-header and supply the same adress in the
MAIL-FROM-command and end up with two identical headers, but this is
some kind of uncool overhead.

Any way out of this - or : any better way to deliver mails from perl
to imap-boxes without using ltmpd ?

thnx,
peter

--