Cyrus and Postfix

+archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Fri Dec 6 12:17:18 EST 2002

--On Thursday, December 5, 2002 11:38 PM +0100 Christoph Burger-Scheidlin
<andersin at gmx.net> wrote:

| Dec  5 23:03:25 Hades postfix/lmtp[16388]: 04316100F:
| to=<cbs at localhost.hades.olymp>, relay=public/lmtp[public/lmtp],
| delay=21490, status=deferred (host public/lmtp[public/lmtp] said: 451
| 4.3.0 System I/O error)
| Dec  5 23:03:25 Hades postfix/lmtp[16387]: AFB60100E:
| to=<cbs at localhost.hades.olymp>, relay=public/lmtp[public/lmtp],
| delay=21840, status=deferred (host public/lmtp[public/lmtp] said: 451
| 4.3.0 System I/O error)

In your master.cf, at the end of the lmtp line, add "-v".  That will cause
the Postfix lmtp client to run in verbose mode.  This might help to track
things down.

Also turn up the logging of Cyrus to debug and see what is recorded there.
In general, the more logging, the easier it is to track these sort of
things down.

Next, it is a bad idea to use anything under the Postfix hierarchy for
3rd-party software.  While public/lmtp is probably okay, I think it is best
to simply not fiddle with anything under there---less possibility for
surprises.

Finally, make sure that both the Postfix user and the Cyrus user are able
to access this named pipe.  This means temporarily assigning a shell to
these two users, doing an su to them, and make absolutely certain that both
can access this file.

--On Friday, December 6, 2002 2:54 PM -0200 Darci Antônio Tartari
<dtartari at portoriogrande.com.br> wrote:

| In my main.cf I use mailbox_transport = cyrus and its working very well.

Yeah, but if you're using a stock install, that ultimately uses the deliver
command, which will incur a bit more overhead.  Using lmtp directly is a
better way to go if at all possible.

Amos