How to use non-ascii charsets with sieve?

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 9 21:57:02 EST 2002

--On Monday, December 09, 2002 6:01 PM -0800 Tim Showalter <tjs at psaux.com>
wrote:

> different comparators would require different tables, I think.  The table
> Cyrus usually uses isn't suitable for i;ascii-casemap since space isn't
> significant, but transcoding to UTF-8 and doing a dumb comparison is all
> that's required, a big improvement on what Cyrus is doing now, and not
> hard to implement.

Yes, unlike the IMAP SEARCH command the Sieve comparators have strict
semantics. I believe it's possible to implement the Sieve comparators and
Cyrus's current SEARCH comparator with a single table. The table would
transcode into UTF-8 (fully decomposed) and the SEARCH comparator could do
the modifications needed.

Larry