Problems with upgrade to 2.1

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Dec 11 21:08:59 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Jonas Jacobsson wrote:
> Is it possible to import the mails that I've copied to another
> location into Cyrus IMAP again?

Yes, but you will probably lose "seen" state.  The files themselves have the
full email, so you just need to use any of a number of ways to inject them
back into cyrus.

BTW, copying them all over an _empty_ cyrus 2.1 spool, in the proper
directories (after you created all mailboxes you are trying to import), and
then using reconstruct (/usr/sbin/cyrreconstruct in Debian), as user cyrus,
is probably the easiest way.

I need to revisit that upgrade doc one of these days, maybe it has something
that does not deal well with the new skiplist db layout...

  Henrique Holschuh