Feasibility of Red Hat Cluster Manager and LVM for Cyrus IMAP

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Aug 28 09:04:10 EDT 2002

--On Wednesday, August 28, 2002 13:46:11 +0100 "Raine, David"
<DRaine at lehman.com> wrote:

> Why did you choose to do HA for your MTA-IN/IMAP/POP
> using clustering rather than load-balancing?

Because with load balancing you lose part of the service if one of the
machines goes down. Minimizing downtime of the mail server is our highest
priority. If the failover service really works, it should ensure this ...

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK