[GAP] RenameGroup not supported

Jeffrey Eaton jeaton at cmu.edu
Fri Jan 29 09:39:25 EST 2016

I believe we had some concerns with allowing group renames, and how to best implement it cross-platform.

You could do a modrdn operation if your LDAP server supports it, or just create a new group and delete the old one.  Each has its advantages/diadvantages - for example, if you delete and recreate in AD, the SID will change.  That may or may not be what you want in that case.

In general, we have just decided to err on the side of not renaming groups.  If a group needs to change, we create a new group, and then delete the old.

-jeaton