[GAP] GAP and Google Groups

Michael R Gettes gettes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:47:29 EST 2015

While there is not a Google Groups implementation with GAP, it’s not hard to do.  Create a queue, read messages from the queue to add / remove members and probably process a full-sync message with all members to re-sync a google group and then go do the right stuff against google groups.

FWIW, Penn State is actively pursuing use of GAP initially for use with LDAP and AD.  Strong likelihood we will modify the static group LDAP object management to include Posix groups and then we will look at using Grouper (via GAP) as the manager of Group IDs number for things like AD as well.  Of course, PSU intends to contribute back changes.

/mrg