[GAP] a couple of questions

Waldbieser, Carl waldbiec at lafayette.edu
Fri Mar 13 09:11:45 EDT 2015

Jeffery,

Have you considered batching the updates as a function of time rather than by message count?  At Lafayette, we batch the requests every 30 seconds and write them to our LDAP DIT.  The other day, I added a group containing all our alumni to a synchronized group (~28,000 subject IDs).  The batches worked out to be ~ 5,000 - 8,000 as I watched the LDAP group fill up.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS System Programmer
Lafayette College