[GAP] GAP code updated

Michael R. Gettes gettes at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 7 10:55:06 EDT 2015

Thank you Rahul!

Folks - we have been running with this code in production.  This matches up with prior email about getting large groups into LDAP very quickly.  We see it taking about 5 min to create a group of 25,000 members (for static group objects) if conditions are right.  LDAP is no longer the limiting factor but how fast one gets the data out of grouper is now the issue.  of course, performing 25000 mods for isMemberOf takes longer but group objects and isMemberOf are separate processes.

We feel this is now in a good enough state for CMU and even larger sites.

Please do let us all know your experiences.

/mrg