[GAP] Update

Waldbieser, Carl waldbiec at lafayette.edu
Thu Nov 13 12:14:18 EST 2014

Michael,

Yes, I think I understand the GAP strategy, now.  A single execution path for each directory will ensure that you don't have processes overwriting each other's work, which is more of a challenge for an LDAP directory than say an RDBMS, where transactions would come to your rescue.

I agree with the idea that an eventual consistency is good enough for most apps.

I don't have particular concerns, but I was knocking around the idea of how one might increase the efficiency of the system by having separate worker processes for different groups within the same directory.   It sounds like the latency with a single worker per directory is not really much of an issue, though.

Thanks,
Carl