[Disksim-users] FIFO replacement in the smart controller

Nobody Nobody Nobody n080di at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 22:34:52 EDT 2007

Hello,

Although page 22 of the manual mentions "FIFO" as a choice for the replacement policy for caches in a smart controller, I'd like to know whether this part has been completely implemented in the latest version of DiskSim. It appears that once the cache is full, lines do not get replaced under the FIFO policy. Whoever confirms or denies this receives my most sincere thanks.

-Sue Doughnum.