a proxy for multiple sasl instances

Chentao Credungtao chentaocredungtao at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 04:42:37 EDT 2017

Hi,

I need to set up Postfix authentication against multiple (3) OpenLDAP
servers.

I managed to run 3 instances of SASL, each one authenticating against
one of the 3 servers :

First instance, authenticating against the first LDAP server (example.com) :
# testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd-com/mux -u john.doe at example.com -p
password1
0: OK "Success."

Second instance, authenticating against the second LDAP server
(example.net) :
# testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd-net/mux -u jane.doe at example.net -p
password2
0: OK "Success."

Third instance, authenticating against the third LDAP server (example.org) :
# testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd-org/mux -u jimmy.doe at example.org
-p password3
0: OK "Success."

The problem : it seems Postfix can only authenticate against one running
instance of SASL.

Is it possible to set up some kind of a SASL proxy, that forwards each
authentication-request to another SASL instance, depending on the e-mail
domain ?
Something like :

# testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd-proxy/mux -u john.doe at example.com
-p password1
==> should be forwarded to /var/run/saslauthd-com

# testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd-proxy/mux -u jane.doe at example.net
-p password2
==> should be forwarded to /var/run/saslauthd-net

# testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd-proxy/mux -u jimmy.doe at example.org
-p password2
==> should be forwarded to /var/run/saslauthd-org

Thanks (any other idea to approach this problem is welcome)

Chen