SASL authentication with MySQL

Jayanta Ghosh jayanta.ghosh at rp-sg.in
Tue Mar 20 00:41:36 EDT 2012

Dear List,
We have configured a mail server on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 6.1 (64 bit) using the following components : -
1. Postfix
2. Courier-authlib
3. Courier-imap
4. MySQL
5. maqildrop
6. cyrus-sasl
The login credentials of the users are being stored in the MySQL
database. The mailing system is working fine. Now, we want to have SASL
authentication in our mailing system. We want to do SASL authentication
with mysql. We are not very sure that the support for mysql is already
present in the Cyrus-sasl rpms or not. We have installed the following
rpms:-
cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-lib-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-sql-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
Is mysql support is there in the above rpm list or do we need to compile
the source with mysql support?
I have gone through the documents in the internet and done the following
changes :-
/etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
sql_engine: mysql
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_user: root
sql_passwd: mysql
sql_database: mail
sql_select: SELECT clear FROM postfix_users WHERE email = '%u@%r'
sql_usessl: no
But we are not able to do SASL authentication with MySQL. If anybody has
any clue regarding this then kindly let us know about it.
Thanks & Regards,
Jayanta Ghosh