A mingw32 buildable branch of cyrus-sasl

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:21:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have managed to put together a number of build fixes for cyrus-sasl
with mingw32 on fedora. You might be interested to look at the
resulting branch I pushed in gitorious. It also contains the rebased
patches that are shipped in the fedora package. My end goal is to have
it packaged as part of the mingw32 fedora packages, and to build
spice-gtk (and gtk-vnc) with sasl support.

I couldn't find the cyrus-sasl git repo, I guess there is none yet, my
branch is based on a recent CVS checkout.

http://gitorious.org/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-elmarco/commits/mingw32

To do a test build, I use
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/share/pkgconfig/
../configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32
--prefix=/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw  --without-saslauthd
--without-pwcheck --without-authdaemond

And I also have a working mingw32-cyrus-sasl.spec:
http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=elmarco/public_git/mingw32-cyrus-sasl.git;a=blob;f=mingw32-cyrus-sasl.spec

I checked various builds, and that plugins are correctly loaded on
Windows, but not more run-time yet (sample-{client,server} socket code
fails).

I am waiting for some feedback before I start sending some patch series.

regards

--
Marc-André Lureau