GSSAPI naming extensions

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sun May 9 21:26:40 EDT 2010

I'm looking at how to utilize some of the APIs in this draft
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-naming-exts-06
with SASL. My preference was to provide SASL versions of gss_inquire_name()
and gss_get_name_attribute(), so that apps using SASL don't need to call
directly into the underlying GSS API. But alternatively, I could just
implement sasl_getprop(SASL_GSS_PEER_NAME) and make the app do the gss calls
itself. Any suggestions?

Proposed wrappers would be

sasl_nameprop_list(sasl_conn_t *conn, char **propnames)
   -> return the list of available attributes using gss_inquire()

sasl_nameprop_request(sasl_conn_t *conn,
      const char *propname,
      int *authenticated,
      int *complete,
      void **value,
      unsigned *value_length,
      char **display_value,
      int *more)
   -> iterate thru gss_get_name_attribute().

This would require adding the corresponding entry points to the
sasl_server_plug_t.

--
   -- Howard Chu