Remote client IP for plain & login methods

George Forman georgeforman69 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:54:18 EST 2010

Cyrus-sasl gurus,
We have a need to pass the remote client's IP address to our authentication service via LDAP DN.I see kerberos has the remote client's IP address passed to that mechanism. Is there any plansto provide the same ability to plain and login mechanisms?
I could not find any patches which implement this feature. I believe this would be an added securityfeature to prevent dictionary attacks, etc. Does this capability exist? If not, I am currently going to modify the code to mimic kerberos' implementation within plain & login. Would this group beinterested in including this feature into future releases if I provide a patch to the listserve?

George