nothing logged in authlog file

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Apr 28 01:33:32 EDT 2010

On 27/04/10 12:11 +0200, francis joseph wrote:
>I have got saslauthd which works correctly but i can't see any logs of the authentifications in the file authlog
>
>I have already tried to put (in fact i've put them all at the same time to see if one of them works) :
>
>auth.*                          /var/log/authlog
>auth                            /var/log/authlog
>log_auth                        /var/log/authlog
>local6.debug                    /var/log/authlog
>auth.debug                      /var/log/authlog
>LOG_AUTH.*                      /var/log/authlog
>LOG_AUTH                        /var/log/authlog
>auth.log                        /var/log/authlog
>
>in the syslog.conf file and restart syslogd.
>
>I've also add log_level: 3 to the smtpd.conf file but still nothing appear.

Try starting saslauthd with the -d option, to see if there are any errors
about syslog logged to standard output.

I have the following default (Debian Lenny) config which works for me:

auth,authpriv.*                 /var/log/auth.log

Since saslauthd is a standalone daemon, the 'log_level' option won't affect
how it logs.

--
Dan White