GSSAPI support in Cyrus SASL 2.x broken on FreeBSD

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 26 15:44:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 02:16:11 +0900
Hajimu <ume at mahoroba.org> articulated:

> Hi,

> gerard> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:43:44 -0400
> gerard> xenophon\\+cyrus-sasl <xenophon+cyrus-sasl at irtnog.org>
> gerard> articulated:
>
> > Hey everybody,
> >
> > Whenever I try to build Cyrus SASL (from FreeBSD's ports tree) with
> > GSSAPI enabled, autoconf returns the following errors.  I don't know
> > whether these are due to problems with FreeBSD, with FreeBSD's
> > package, or with Cyrus SASL.  Would someone point me in the right
> > direction?
> >
> > configure:10594: checking for res_search in -lresolv
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lresolv
> > configure:10646: result: no
>
> It should be okay.  FreeBSD doesn't have libresolv.
>
> > configure:10674: checking for gss_unwrap in -lgssapi
> > /usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Init'
> > /usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Final'
> > /usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Update'
> > configure:10726: result: no
> >
> > configure:11111: WARNING: Disabling GSSAPI - specified library not
> > found
> >
> > I posted config.log to http://pastebin.com/fcBEqJN0 and
> > config.status to http://pastebin.com/hRabJUST.  The error about
> > res_search makes me suspect a problem with the configure script, as
> > res_search exists in libc on FreeBSD - there is no separate
> > resolver library.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any help.
>
> gerard> OK, I am running FreeBSD-8 /amd64 and have not experienced
> gerard> any problems.
>
> gerard> I would strongly suggest that you contact the port maintainer:
>
> gerard> 	ume at FreeBSD.org
>
> gerard> Inform him of your problem, including the output of "uname
> gerard> -a" and any other relevant information that he might need.
>
> No need to send me this issue.  I'm on this list. :-)

Sorry :-(

> I cannot reproduce this issue, here.  Actually, I'm using GSSAPI, in
> usual.
> I found --with-openssl=/usr/local in your config log.  I suspect you
> are not using base version of OpenSSL but using ports one.  I don't
> try the ports version yet but it was updated to 1.0 recently.  There
> might be compatibility issue of OpenSSL.

I have the following in my "/etc/make.conf" file:

	WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes

I am using the port version of OpenSSL.

$ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.0 29 Mar 2010

I have not experienced any problems.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

If I knew what brand [of whiskey] he drinks,
I would send a barrel or so to my other generals.

	Abraham Lincoln, on General Grant