GSSAPI Error: An invalid name was supplied (Not enough space)

Ben Lentz ben.lentz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:39:07 EST 2008

> You can enter the host/IP into /etc/hosts, or if your dns resolves
> ad_server.example.org correctly, then you shouldn't need to. I was
> getting a Local Error as well due to a bad entry in my /etc/hosts.
>
> - Dan

Everything's working find in DNS. I can get a ticket without any
problems using kinit (from mit or heimdal), but the ldapsearch portion
still gives the same error. I tried doing this using binaries on CentOS
5, and it worked fine. For some reason when I compile it on AIX, it
doesn't work. I tried running everything as root, and I tried modifying
/etc/netsvc.conf (e.g. /etc/nsswitch.conf), but it didn't help. I also
searched the source code from krb5, cyrus-sasl, and openldap, and
couldn't find the "Not enough space" string anywhere. The "An invalid
name was supplied" was found in the krb5 gssapi code.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've googled it to death, and
the only solid result I'm getting are references to this thread on the
mailing list archives... not a good sign. :-(