imapd not sending realm to saslauthd

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:01:07 EST 2008

I hope this doesn't detract the main purpose of my question.

But I have written a saslauthd clone daemon to glue cyrus and exim
into another authentication system.

Using testsaslauthd shows that the daemon is working properly.

I can watch the input/output from the client to the saslauthd daemon.

It is a very simple protocol.

As I said from watching the logs testsaslauthd sends the realm properly.

But imapd is not sending the realm.

My back end is currently configured to work with the realm because the
system will be expected to support more than one domain.

It actually supports accepting user at realm as the user or having the
realm passed in separately...