SASL over LDAP don't work

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue Dec 11 07:42:45 EST 2007

"NguyenHuynh" <huynhnguyen at mikorn.com> writes:

> Dear All,
>
>> In this case he needs to read the Cyrus SASL docs more closely, or pay
> more
>> attention to what he's typing. "auxprop_plugin: ldap" is not the same as
>> "auxprop_plugin: ldapdb". He's mixing the docs/configs for two completely
>> different LDAP mechanisms."
>
> I'm sure "auxprop_plugin: ldap"

definitely not.

> This is the man pages of saslauthd command"
> I think that ldapdb or ldap is up to package for distribution which you use
[...]

Please do understand the difference between saslauthd and ldapdb, read
the sasl docs, in particular options.html on ldapdb.
If you want to make use af ldapdb, read man slapd.conf(5) on how to
map the sasl authentication string to an entry and how to configure
slapd to allow proxy authorization.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung