LDAP tools with SASL Auth causes Segmentation Fault

Matthew Daggett mpdaggett at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 19:53:38 EST 2006

Thanks for the tips. The problem was an older slapd daemon being started instead of the new one.  The initial install of openldap was from an rpm, and the new installation of openldap was from source.  The location of the slapd daemon moved from /usr/sbin/slapd under the rpm to /usr/libexec/slapd under the source install.  Thge init scripts used the old daemon.

I reconfigured changing the --libexecdir option and recompiled.

All is working now!

Thanks