cyrus-sasl2 mysql postfix freebsd problem

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Fri Jan 6 14:25:30 EST 2006

On 1/6/06 8:51 AM, "Andreas Winkelmann" <ml at awinkelmann.de> wrote:

> AFAIR *BSD uses another Directory for the Config-File.

correct. The FreeBSD port installs into /usr/local/lib/sasl2. I created a
symlink to /usr/lib/sasl2, so the contents of the two directories are
identical.

> Just to test that,
> change the mech_list Line and drop one of the two Mechanismsm. The offered
> Mechanisms from Postfix should change.
>
> mech_list: plain

That does change the auth mechanisms Postfix offers...

250-AUTH PLAIN

...but it doesn't address the underlying inability of cyrus-sasl2 and MySQL
to get together:

AUTH PLAIN dGVzdAB0ZXN0AHRlc3RwYXNz
535 Error: authentication failed

Just as before.

Again, I believe this issue has to do with my cyrus-sasl2 setup and not with
postfix. Thanks in advance for any clues on this.

dn