sasl_get/setprop() propnum assignments

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Sat Dec 10 12:43:18 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 08:49:19AM -0600, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:56:46PM +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> > Nicolas Williams wrote:
> >
> > >Hi, I need one, maybe two sasl_get/setprop() propnums.  What is the
> > >assignment policy for these?
> > >

> > I guess "first come, first serve".
> > Grab the latest sasl.h from CMU CVS and check if there is a needed
> > property there. If there is none, send me names of properties and I can
> > assign an unused value.
>
> Excellent, thanks.  I will do this later today.

Or later :)

So, I'd like to allocate:

/*
 * GSS-API credential handle for sasl_client_step() or sasl_server_step().
 * The application is responsible for releasing this credential handle.
 */
#define		SASL_GSS_CREDS		18

This goes along with SASL_DELEGATEDCREDS.

BTW, the description of SASL_DELEGATEDCREDS should say who is
responsible for releasing the credentials (probably the plug-in, when
the sasl_conn_t is disposed of).

Cheers,

Nico