Outlook 2013, imap folders & altnamespace

Thomas Cataldo tcataldo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:30:50 EDT 2014

To follow up, I found the solution.

Outlook does not like cyrus response to XLIST "" "".

Cyrus does:
C: . XLIST "" ""
S: . OK Success

What unlocks outlook capability to create top level folders :
C: . XLIST "" ""
S: * XLIST (\Noselect) "/" "/"
S: . OK Success

We fixed the problem with an override of the XLIST command on in our imap proxy.

Regards,
Thomas Cataldo.