Libtool and Support for Shared Libraries
Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri May 11 06:44:24 EDT 2012
On 2012-05-11 2:00, Greg Banks wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012, at 09:42 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
>> I agree. This tidying up is going to majorly invasive - don't forget
>> want to merge in caldav before this happens as well.
>> I strongly recommend any major really tidying things up is postponed
> Agreed. I think we've changed enough for 2.5.
> It might be worth declaring 2.5 to be in feature freeze after the
> merge, and starting a 2.6 branch. Otherwise we'll never get it
My thoughts were to organize a meeting and look at Bugzilla tickets
(everything currently targeted for 2.5).
Per ticket/enhancement/issue we'd say at least two things:
- Yes/No (is or is not targeted for 2.5),
- Must/May/Might (is blocker, or not crucial and no worry if it's
We'd want "one throat to choke" for each separate ticket (the
assignee), and we want to make sure the people interested in progress
are (or know that they should put themselves) in CC: on the ticket.
We'd want to clarify the methodology of making sure everything's in
good shape as well;
- Jenkins CI should continue to succeed & Cassandane tests should be
created where appropriate and possible,
- Documentation (at the very least, Release Notes)
If there's even the smallest issue that should not get lost it should
end up in Bugzilla so it continues to pop up on someone's radar.
Blocking the original (enhancement) ticket would service that.
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG
e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
m: +44 74 2516 3817
pgp: 9342 BF08
More information about the Cyrus-devel