Todo lists, 2.4.11 and 2.5 preview

Sébastien Michel sebastien.michel at atosorigin.com
Mon Aug 8 05:45:04 EDT 2011

> For 2.5 preview:
>
> All the 2.4.11 stuff, plus:
> * per-message annotation support
> * fix LIST-EXT support to be standards complient
> * fix SORT=DISPLAYNAME cache format for sure
> * fix SPECIAL-USE to match the RFC (it changed from the draft I
>  implemented, doh)
> * finalize mailboxes.db format changes (including fixing the the
>  but that's currently breaking murder on the 'master' branch)
> * autocreate/autosieve
>

> Let me know if it looks like I've missed anything!  I just hashed
> this out with Liinu on the IRC channel, and have sent it here to
> remind myself :)

As announced in this thread :
http://www.mail-archive.com/cyrus-devel@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg01729.html,
I made ​​good progress in porting our code to 2.5.

These events type are today supported :
 - MessageExpunge
 - MessageNew
 - MessageRead
 - MessageTrash
 - FlagsSet
 - FlagsClear
 - MailboxCreate
 - MailboxDelete
 - MailboxRename
 - vnd.cmu.MessageCopy (IMAP COPY is not defined in the RFC 5423)

The code is more RFC compliant as discussed in the thread :
 - mailboxID event parameter is now an IMAP URI, which contains the
UID if referring to a single message.
 - private event parameters and event types are prefixed by vnd.
(today vnd.cmu. but could be discussed)
 - missing mandatory event parameters are added (like UIDVALIDITY)
 - FlagsSet and FlagsClear are now fully supported (i.e +flags, -flags
and flags which may send several event notifications)

The code source is fully redesigned as expected. I have simplified a
lot the setting.
I want to say that the code of 2.5 is very nice, I appreciate the
refactoring around struct index_record. Great work Bron !

I still have some finishing work : JSON default format, some testing
on IMAP7 folder name, provide a new connector to notifyd (stomp?,
AMQP?) and may be support more event types.

I will push soon the code in our github clone of cyrus master.

Sébastien

PS: I thought to write regression tests with Cassandane. Is this the
future Cyrus framework for functionnal testing ?