master process handling patch

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 2 17:31:08 EDT 2010

This is another debian patch with lots of changes (see attached).  I'm
running out of time for tracing the validity of these and am hoping that
someone else will take a look. This seems to apply to a rather important
part of the whole system, so is probably worth a look.
(Yes, I can submit this to bugzilla, too, if it makes sense to do so.)
Note one minor bug fix in the patch:

   +int read_msg(int fd, struct notify_message *msg)
   +{
   +    ssize_t r;
   +    size_t off = 0;
   +    int s = sizeof(struct notify_message);

should be
------ --

   +int read_msg(int fd, struct notify_message *msg)
   +{
   +    ssize_t r;
   +    size_t off = 0;
   +    size_t s = sizeof(struct notify_message);