Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.13p1 & 2.3.15 Released

Ken Murchison murch at
Wed Sep 9 09:47:14 EDT 2009

I'd like to announce the releases of Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.13p1 and 2.3.15.
These releases should both be considered production quality.  These
releases are being made at this time to fix the potential buffer
overflow vulnerability described in CERT VU#336053:

The 2.2.13p1 release is no different from 2.2.13 other than the buffer
overflow fix.  The 2.3.15 release contains several other non-critical
bugfixes and feature enhancements.  For full details, please see
doc/changes.html and doc/install-upgrade.html which are included in the

I'd personally like to thank Bron Gondwana of for finding
and fixing the buffer overflow, as well as his numerous other
contributions to the 2.3.15 release.

URLs for these releases:

Questions and comments can be directed to
info-cyrus at (public list), or cyrus-bugs at

Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
Carnegie Mellon University