The ldapdb plug-in initialization for clients is too noisy!

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Thu May 28 20:04:36 EDT 2009

At Thu, 28 May 2009 22:18:24 +0100, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov at isode.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: The ldapdb plug-in initialization for clients is too noisy!

> Greg, you don't need to change anything, because there is a solution to
> you problem already
> Just set the "auxprop_plugin" option to exclude ldapdb.

(I really hate it that sasl options, which I assume I would put in my
imapd.conf(5) file, right?, are very poorly documented.  There are no
sasl*.5 manual pages it seems, and even the HTML junk is incomplete and
confusing to me.)

I don't see any way to exclude one plug-in from being used -- unless I
first determine the list of all valid plug-ins, then elide that one I
don't want from the list.

I'd rather fix the broken useless error reporting once and for all time!  :-)

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                VE3TCP          RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>      Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>