CONDSTORE by default?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon May 4 09:36:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 02:20:53PM +0200, Michael Menge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> doc/readme.html in 2.3.14 still says:
>
> Upgrade Caveats
>
>     This section reserved for WARNING WARNING WARNING comments.
>     Note that the replication protocol currently does not have the facility
>     to support the IMAP CONDSTORE extension (modification sequences). It is
>     recommended that you do not try to use both CONDSTORE and replication
>     at this time. The deficiencies in the replication protocol will be
>     fixed in version 2.3.9.
>
> Is this problem fixed or is it still valid?

I think it's pretty much fixed now.  I will know better soon, since I've
just enabled it for all new folders and am bringing it in on old folders
bit by bit (tends to spam the replication logs if you do it too fast!)

I've also added highestmodseq and modseq tests to our replication checking
suite, so they'll show up if anything isn't perfect!