alice-teacher sonoma HELP !

Melanie Lam melanielam at cmu.edu
Mon Apr 1 23:17:11 EDT 2024

Heidi,

Sorry to hear you’re running into Alice issues.

Is there a reason you’re on Alice 3.6 instead of the latest version of
Alice 3.8? I’m not sure it solves the problems but it would be the first
thing to try?

Thanks,
Melanie

On Mon, Apr 1, 2024 at 8:12 PM Heidi Kunselman via alice-teachers <
alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I have been using alice for 12 years with my middle school students and
> would like to continue teaching my students with this wonderful tool. We
> were having issues running Alice 2 so we moved to Alice 3.6. I have a M1
> mac book with the Sonoma 14.3 and cannot get alice to run.It keeps freezing
> and I have to force quit.  It is also giving me a rendering error due to
> performance issues when I select run. If I can't find a solution the Alice
> program will be pulled. My new tech dept has limited exposure to working
> with Macs so it's been a struggle. Please help.....
> Thanks
> Heidi Kunselman
> Your Chicago Steelers Fan !
>
> --
> Heidi Kunselman
> Technology Teacher
> Robotics Club Mentor
> T.I.L.T. Commitee Member
> Oak Prairie J.H.
> Will County School District 92
> 815-836-2724 ext. 3248
>
> *"Computer science empowers students to create the world of tomorrow."  *
> -*Satya Nadella*
> * CEO of Microsoft*

*Melanie Lam* | Director | The Alice Project
*Entertainment Technology Center | Carnegie Mellon University*