alice-teacher Alice Contact: You need Alice support or want to report a bug

Donald Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat May 13 17:14:58 EDT 2023

Mohammed,
This is possible through the use of Camera Markers, and pointing each camera at different locations in the Scene (in other words, the second marker will be looking in the opposite direction of the first).

Set up the basics of your first scene, position the camera appropriately, and set a camera marker at that position.
Select THIS from the object menu and make a note of the colors for the ATMOSPHERE, ABOVELIGHT, and BELOWLIGHT that you think are appropriate for this scene, as you will need these values as you switch between scenes
Then position the camera in a location that no elements of the first Scene can be seen.
Select GROUND from the object menu, and select from its PAINT property the ground texture that you wish for the second scene (i.e. SeaFloor).
Select THIS from the object menu and select the colors for the ATMOSPHERE, ABOVELIGHT, and BELOWLIGHT that you think are appropriate for this scene. Remember what these color values are as you will need these values as you switch between scenes.
 Set up the basics for this scene, position the camera appropriately, and set a camera marker at this position
Once both scenes are set up, move to the camera marker position from which you animation will start.
Return to the Code Editor, and create a Scene procedure, name it something like switchToSecondPosition. In that procedure
 moveAndOrient the camera to the second camera marker poostioin
change the PAINT value of the GROUND to the appropriate texture for the second scene
change the color values of the lighting for THIS to the appropriate values of the second scene
Set your duration values for each command to create the desired effect as you switch scenes
Create a second Scene procedure, name it something like switchToFirstPosition. In that procedur
 moveAndOrient the camera to the first camera marker poostioin
change the PAINT value of the GROUND to the appropriate texture for the first scene
change the color values of the lighting for THIS to the appropriate values of the first scene
Set your duration values for each command to create the desired effect as you switch scenes

Use these two procedures appropriately in your project as you move from Scene to Scene.

I have attached a simple demonstration program that illustrates the points I have made above.

All the best, and good luck on your project.

Don Slater
Alice Project