alice-teacher Joint bug when using setAdultPersonResource

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Thu May 4 18:29:24 EDT 2023

I make my students use setAdultPersonResource on the Sims characters so they can save a unique avatar for each student.

Using Alice 3.7, there is a bug so that after you call setAdultPersonResource, the joints no longer move. This was not a problem two years ago, last time I taught the course. There was an earlier bug related to using the vehicle property and the origin of speech bubbles after calling setAdultPersonResource. After I reported that bug, the Alice team fixed it (thanks). But since then a different bug, even worse, has come in.

See attachment for example. The movement is still occurring, as evidence by the object moving, but the sims character does not move their limbs.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Associate Professor