alice-teacher Alice Player Meta Quest updates

Melanie Lam melanielam at cmu.edu
Tue Dec 20 11:05:38 EST 2022

Adam,

We also got the "built with Unity" blackscreen infinite load immediately
after updating the Quest to version 47.  Online reports say that v47 breaks
Oculus developer mode:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/zbir7d/developer_mode_stopped_working_after_update/
We don't yet know if the fix will come with a future Meta update or if
there is something we need to do on our end. We are checking for updates
and will keep you posted.

Happy Holidays - hope everyone has a good break.
-Melanie

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 11:17 PM Ziccardi, Adam <aziccardi at opschools.org>
wrote:

> Happy end of the semester! Season's Greetings!
> The updated Alice Player beta 19, coupled with *.a3w files exported from
> ALice 3.7 , is stuck in the "built with Unity" blackscreen when loading in
> the headset.
> The desktop shows the ALice Player and can launch an *.a3w from the
> desktop but the VR gets even more unhappy. Any ideas? I'm on this all day
> and this week if anyone wants to collaborate,
> Thanks, Adam Z
> --
> Adam Ziccardi
> 716-209-6482
> OPTA president
> K-12 CS coordinator
> NYS Master Teacher <https://www.suny.edu/masterteacher/cohort/western/#z>
> Teacher Webpage <https://www.opschools.org/Domain/2958>

*Melanie Lam* | Director | The Alice Project
*Entertainment Technology Center | Carnegie Mellon University*