alice-teacher Screen flickers when moving accellerating camera

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Tue Apr 20 09:49:58 EDT 2021

Don, thanks. Decreasing the duration does cause less flicker. But it also changes the nice feel of acceleration and deceleration caused by the stacking up of the key events. The duration is the amount of time it takes to reach top speed, so setting the the duration to 0 causes instantaneous acceleration. It feels very different.

I know Alice 3 is not a game engine, and using stacking up of key events to achieve acceleration is kind of a hack. I don’t know how the students came up with it. I will share this solution with them to see if it is acceptable.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655