alice-teacher Alice 3 Problems with vehicle and collisions

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon May 4 15:17:58 EDT 2020

James,

Thank you very much for sending us these worlds.  It has exposed numerous issues with our collision handling and setVehicle behavior (layers of exciting problems to fix).  We had been focusing on a couple of these issues as they really came to the forefront when implementing hand object collisions and pick up for VR.  This example is actually way easier for us to visualize the problem and test the fixes.  We will update when we have a better idea of what is going on and fixes on the way.  We look forwarding to sharing out a fully functional frogger game.

We greatly appreciate it when people call out these types of problems and share their worlds  with us so we can improve Alice for all.  Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Eric