alice-teacher Alice Contact: You need Alice support or want to report a bug

Donald Slater don at alice.org
Wed Jan 22 15:20:51 EST 2020

Geovanni, Don, and everyone,
I am sorry for the delay in my response to this. I had remembered reports of this several years ago and I was searching through our archives to see if I could what we had said then. It is interesting that we have not had reports of this for the last couple of years. At the time we stated that Alice would have problems with the Surface, because at that time the surface was essentially a tablet. For the Pro we had recommended updating the video drivers for the graphics card, not the usual Microsoft bundled and more generic updates but to use to the graphics card's manufacturer driver updates for. And the archives indicated that this seemed to work.

I have no idea if this advice still holds, and I wish to echo Eric: if anyone in the Alice community is successfully using Alice 2 (specifically) with the Surface Pro, we would like to hear from you. And if you are have similar (or other) problems, we would like to hear that as well.

Thank you you patience, and your help.

All the best,
Alice Project