alice-teacher events without if statements

Sharick, Edward SharickE at tesd.net
Tue Feb 18 12:47:29 EST 2020

James,

Here's a possible idea if you don't want to teach if statements yet.  You could always give them starter code that has the keys defined and for each key press you call some method. Then they would just have to program the methods that are called but wouldn't have to even look at the initializeEventListeners method. I don't know what topics exactly you were going to teach but I sometimes do this to avoid talking about topics that I haven't taught yet and don't want to talk about yet.

-Eddie Sharick