alice-teacher Alice Unity VR Update and Call for Community Mapping Help

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 30 17:45:04 EDT 2019

Dear All,

I apologize we didn’t get the Unity and VR beta out last week as promised.  We ran into a snag on the Sims people.  We have to handle these models very differently due to their unique construction.  We are trying to avoid putting out the initial beta without these models being supported as it would complicate your ability to take existing worlds and bring them in for a test ride.  We are working hard to get something together and promise that worst case scenario we will put something out this week (hopefully with people but if need without) for those itching to give this a try.

 We also have an import request for help.  We are kicking of a community mapping initiative.   As you all know Alice is a free platform and we choose not to collect usage data or require any registration information to use our software.  The only way we can learn about what you are doing and the impact that Alice is having is through initiatives like this one. The information you provide will help us raise funds to maintain and expand the platform while ensuring it will always free, give us important direction on how to improve Alice, and inform us on how to better connect, support, and grow our community. We also ask that you please help us share this survey with other administrators and educators that you know are using Alice.  Only through your efforts can we find and connect with the broad global Alice community.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BRR2597

Sincerely,

Eric