alice-teacher Alice Player Beta Live!

Donald Slater don at alice.org
Wed Oct 23 13:11:59 EDT 2019

Robert,
TheAlice 3  VR-Beta release has just come out,

	http://www.alice.org/get-alice/alice-3-beta-vr/ <http://www.alice.org/get-alice/alice-3-beta-vr/>

This release currently supports the Oculus Rift and Rift S and the HTC Vive with limited functionality. See the web page listed above for more details. All that I can add to what is on the page is that you will need a computer that will run Oculus (which I understand is Windows only) and for the Vive you will need Steam and the Steam plug-in.

The computer I used when working with the Oculus version was very beefy. I do not know what the minimum specs would be, but I do not think that the Alice Player really increase the machine spec requirements much more than Oculus itself.

If you are looking for next year, we would like to be supporting other VR platforms, but the timing on their implementation is still to be determined.

Eric Brown, Director of the Alice Project, may have more thoughts.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Alice Project