alice-teacher Alice 2.3 bug with deleting an object on a list

Steven Huss-Lederman huss at beloit.edu
Wed Sep 26 14:50:26 EDT 2012

Hi,

Just in case others run into the same issue and to make sure it isn't something I'm doing wrong, I'll report a problem with Alice 2.3 that has caused issues for several students.  If you have an object on a list and you delete the object then Alice has an unknown error that won't go away (even after you say ok).  The only way we have found to get rid of it is to terminate the Alice process (force kill) in which you lose any unsaved work.  This happens on Mac OS 10.6.  I have not taken the time to test on Windows 7 or Alice 2.2 (to see if it is an old issue).  I can send in a world to demonstrate but simply put an object in a world, create a world Object list, add the object, save the list, then delete the item.

Steve