alice-teacher I can't seem to open the Alice (example) project files on my MAC - Pro

Laura Abbady laran_1 at msn.com
Wed Nov 28 09:59:46 EST 2012

I am not having any problem looking at the "WordDocumentFiles_Instructions" text pages that explain the project (s) - but when I try to open the "Past Zoos" examples from the actual work - I get the message "there is no application available to open this".
I did download Alice 2.3, and am able to follow the tutorial
This is a wonderful, imaginative project - with a lot of opportunity for students to  challenge themselves and follow their own curiosity in both science and art -
Thank you -
Laura Abbady