alice-teacher Sound keeps cutting out - help!

Matt Zipin mattz at gfsnet.org
Thu Nov 15 14:35:11 EST 2012

Hi Kristen--try this, if you're using Alice 2.3:

1.  Go to World and create a new method.  Call it something like PlayMusic.

2.  Go to world's properties, Sounds (at the bottom), import sound.  Find the sound you want (most .mp3s work pretty well).

3.  In the PlayMusic method, drag in the new sound you imported into the world.PlayMusic method.

4.  Go to Events (at the top)--Create New Event--when the world starts do <PlayMusic>.

This has worked for me and my students.  It's not as hard as it might look.

Matt

Computer Science/Math/College Guidance, Germantown Friends School, Phila. PA
215-951-2392

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better person."  --Benjamin Franklin