alice-teacher Variables

Ray Ryon Ray.Ryon at indianhills.edu
Tue Nov 6 13:24:07 EST 2012

Prem,

The definition I use for a variable is:
            A storage area used in a computer program that contains a value.

I have attached my lecture notes that I use when I introduce variables in Alice.  I use the Dann, Cooper, Pausch textbook but I introduce variables earlier than is shown in that book.  I start using variables in Chapter 3 with functions and add it as a 5th piece of program code.

Ray Ryon
Professor of Computer Software Development
Indian Hills Community College