alice-teacher difference between alice release 2.2 and 2.3

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 2 13:51:38 EDT 2012

Three major changes to Alice 2.3

1) You may now update Alice 2.x from the Help -> Updates menu option instead of downloading and reinstalling a new version of Alice every time we have a new release. Check this menu occasionally to see if there has been a new update. We will also continue to notify you of updates to the software.

2) Alice 2.3 now supports the Spanish language, by changing the language setting in preferences. There is also a Spanish language gallery that can be downloaded and automatically added to the Gallery by using  the Help -> Updates menu.

General bug fixes…

Alice 2.3.1, the new release can be updated by Windows users using the Help -> Updates menu. It is recommended for those using Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion and experiencing difficulties, that they download and install this new version.

I hope that this helps.